Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas, 2011.  Had a wonderful meal (have to say so, even though I prepared it), cleaned up the kitchen, and am now ready to settle down and read and watch the football game later this afternoon.  Have to organize all of my 'tools of the trade' for the building of the 'Thornhill Federal Mansion' that I plan to embark on January 2nd.  Having sold or given away all of the previous dollhouses/miniature homes I have built over the years, along with some of the less desireable pieces of furniture that I knew would NEVER be a part of the Thornhill, I now must go through all of the rest of my miniature collection that I have amassed over many decades.  I love to 'visit' the Colleen Moore Fairy Castle online.  Living only 3 hours from Chicago, I have seen the original 'Castle' which resides in the wonderful Museum of Science and Industry in the 'windy city'.  Oh to have the resources to create a castle such as hers.  But it is always fun to dream.  If you are interested in perusing the Colleen Moore's life-long love and creation, you can, by opening this wonderful link:  http://www.msichicago.org/whats-here/exhibits/fairycastle/

Once you open the above link, you will be faced with the first of two 'pages'.  When you access 'page 2' there will be a click link at the bottom that says 'Tour'.  If you decide to 'tour', you will be treated to a wonderful excursion into Colleen Moore's world of miniatures !!!!  It is marvelous, and certainly a lovely way to spend a portion of Christmas, 2011.  Have a wonderful 'tour'.

Dottye

No comments:

Post a Comment