Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Just a short post/entry today to post photos of the little Chippendale chest I finished putting together and finishing.  I have a host of these little kits that were put out by "The House of Miniatures" in the 1960's and 70's.  They were sent out on a subscription basis, much like the 'record clubs' of years ago where they sent you a 'kit a month'.  I have found these kits on e-bay, at garage sales, flea markets and thrift stores over the years.  They are very nice little detailed museum quality 1:12 scale pieces of furniture with working doors, drawers, etc.  So, here are the pictures of my little Chippendale 3-drawer chest. 






























I am still busy 'pegging' my Thornhill.  I made the decision to construct it with 1/8" dowel pegs in lieu of nails.  It is time consuming, and requires such accuracy to make certain the dowel holes are drilled squarely and within tolerances necessary.  As soon as I finish 'pegging' the first and second floors, then I will add the front entry gable and the third floor and, the roof. 

Lovely weather in Iowa again today.  It is nearly 30 degrees in mid February--unheard of!!  We keep hoping it will stay this way for at least one more month, then spring will be here, and no portents of snow or extreme cold.  I can't wait!!

Dottye

No comments:

Post a Comment