Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 has come and gone.  What a year it has been.  Some memories are wonderful to recall, and others are best forgotten.  Now a new year is upon us.  Time to renew our energies, and resolve to do all of the things we didn't finish last year.  I didn't have the heart to take the tree down today.  So, it will be one more day until I can begin to construct 'The Thornhill' in earnest.  However, today I removed a host of miniature materials, furniture, accessories, etc. from their despicable 'cardboard box' storage containers, and happily placed them in their 'new home'-- a wonderful handbuilt wooden 'trunk' my younger brother built.  He sent it to me just before Christmas, and I have been admiring it for several weeks now.  Today, I finally decided that its use would be as a repository for my dollhouse supplies.  The removeable tray is just the perfect width for storing flooring veneer sheets, wallpaper sheets, etc.  The bottom houses my containers of tiny accessories I have collected over the years, and part of my massive collection of 1:12 scale furniture.  I was like a little kid today unpacking all of my miniature "stuff" (as my husband refers to it) from the cardboard boxes where they were stored, and arranging them in the new trunk.  What fun !!!!! 

When the 'Thornhill' is complete, and everything has been utilized from the trunk, I will line the interior with a nice wallpaper, add some cedar bits and use it to store quilts and such.  Until then, it will serve very nicely as my secure storage for all things miniature.  Sorry the one photo will absolutely NOT make make a 1/4 turn to horizontal the way it was taken.  You will have to turn your head sideways to view correctly.
















Going to relax and think about all the things I need to do tomorrow to ready the room for the Thornhill.  It will be in the spot I choose for a very long time.  So, to all of my friends Happy New Year, and may the year 2012 be filled with love, peace, happiness, prosperity, and good health for you and yours.


Dottye













No comments:

Post a Comment